Tuesday 20 July 2010

I Sold My Soul To The Devil and All I Got Was This Lousy T-shirt

I sold my soul to the devil for a permanent residence and a steady pay check and all I have to do for it is endlessly tend to vain women’s neurosis. You would think the swap wouldn’t be worth it, but you’d be surprised how good one gets at the old “smile and nod” approach.

As of two weeks from now my permanent residence comes in the form of an adorably bohemian little English house, complete with a hot and cold faucet in every sink, a radiator in every room, a near by high street and all. To be honest I’m really excited to officially be a fully functioning and contributing member of society! No longer will I be here “indefinitely” or until the next cold front. Even the homemaker within is planning how I’ll decorate each room (a little Klimt in the dinning room, a little B&W photography for the bedroom…) and which corner I could fit the massive wine rack in. I like to keep enough red wine on hand to fill a bath tub.

So the puzzle of an American girl’s English life begins to come together. Career, although not quite what I’m ultimately going for will do for the moment. Home, really couldn’t be better. Social life, erm… it’s creeping by. And lastly a love life, now this is the interesting one (isn’t it always). There seem to be an unlimited amount of vapid young men asking me out. The lack of interest in all things that have nothing to with their latest hair product or who won the last football match is an unattractive quality to say the least. Guns, bitches and bling were never a part of the elements and never will be… thanks Le Sac. So for all of you guys that are casual and interesting, enjoy the occasional conversation about film, music or art and have ever in your life read a book that is referred to as literature or the author has been dead for over forty years… please don’t be shy asked the girl out. She’s most likely just rolling her eyes until you come along.

Inspirations Of The Day:

Music - Miles Davis

Book - Anais Nin, Delta of Venus Erotica (erotica for the 60's... )

Drink - Red Wine

No comments:

Post a Comment