Thursday 1 July 2010

Where the women are all beautiful and the children are all above average

So according to Swami Vivekananda "We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves. If what we are now has been the result of our own past actions, it certainly follows that whatever we wish to be in future can be produced by our present actions; so we have to know how to act." I feel like this is very poignant to my life in the UK right now. If I know what I want and what I want my life here to be, with focus I can make it just that. It’s like I've got a big, dirty, mangled piece of drift wood and I can just chip away all the bark (shit weather), moss (creepy accents), and excess wood (dodgy neighbourhoods, odd British humour, blank stares from anyone around anytime I open my mouth, etc) and be left with a beautiful monument (completely substantial lifestyle). Jesus Christ this just might work! Good on ya Swami.

Inspirations of the Day:

Film – Thirst (Korean vamp flick)

Music – Pixies, where is my mind (depicts how I feel most of the time)

Drink – Jameson 1780 (it just takes me back)

Where I’d Rather Be – Jayne Doe tattoo studio, Essex (to put it plainly… it’s DOPE)

No comments:

Post a Comment